Does Your Organization Have Great Public Speakers?
Public speaking doesn’t just matter for individuals — it matters for organizations, too. Public speaking workshops can help you insure that:
- Talented people reach their full potential;
- Opportunities aren’t left on the table; and
- Your organization has an easier time succeeding.
Speak Up for Success Workshops provide the training your high potential employees need to advance themselves and your organization’s goals.
These Questions Will Help Us Plan Your Public Speaking Workshop
When you contact me to discuss a customized public speaking workshop, we’ll discuss things like:
- What’s your goal for a public speaking workshop?
It might be general (“help my team members gain confidence”) or very specific (“win more pitches,” “have better meetings”), or both.
- How many employees do you want to train, and how many hours can you take them offline? Are they on the same team, or at the same level of speaking skill?
- Who do they usually speak to, and what situations do they usually speak in (pitches, presentations, internal meetings, giving directions, arguing for their ideas, etc.)?
- Can they use their new skills right away? (This leads to even better results!)
What Do Speak Up for Success Workshops Include?
Speak Up for Success public speaking workshops always include some mix of information, demonstrations, group discussions and exercises. Participants give at least one brief stand-up “presentation” to the group.
Topics will very according to your needs, but every workshop includes one or more of these:
- Public speaking best practices (how to be heard);
- The Instant Speech format (for speaking off the cuff and answering questions);
- Your public speaking personality and avatar.
Other topics I’ve recently delivered are:
- Talking to Senior Leaders;
- Communications for Women;
- Improving Your Listening Skills;
- Leading Effective Meetings;
- TED Talks for Business;
- Storytelling for Business;
- Group and Individual Pitching Skills; and
- Better Communications within the Team.
How Long Are Speak Up for Success Public Speaking Workshops, and How Many People Can Attend?
There is no one answer to that question, but here are some popular choices:
- 2-hour Workshops: Ideal for a group of 8-15 participants
- 3 1/2-hour Workshops: Ideal for groups of 15-22 people
- 6-hour Workshops: Ideal for up to 30 people, this workshop can also be delivered in 3-hour segments on consecutive days
- For groups of more than 30, a 1-hour Keynote Speech provides the same information, insights, and techniques, though with less participation
Does Anything Else Come with the Workshop?
Yes! Every participant receives a copy of my highly acclaimed book, Speak Like Yourself…No, Really! Follow Your Strengths and Skills to Great Public Speaking.