I’ve been privileged to work with organizations around the world — sometimes in person, often by Skype — and to coach executives at every level of the organizational ladder.
These Organization FAQs include the questions I’m most frequently asked. If your question isn’t here, please contact me to discuss how I can help your leaders, HiPOs, and employees succeed.
1. Do You Work with C-Suite Executives on Public Speaking?
Yes. I’ve worked with Fortune 100 CEOs, with start-up founders, with university presidents, and with the heads of non-profit organizations and boards.
As an outside resource, dedicated to them alone, I can be completely candid with your top executives, quickly win their trust, and collaborate with them to create rapid yet long-lasting results.
2. How Will You Improve My Team’s Pitching Skills?
Great pitches are created in the same way as great presentations: Through meticulous preparation, effective practice, and a focus on the pitch audience. Yet surprisingly few organizations prioritize the delivery of great pitches.
Having pitched hundreds of proposals, I know how to polish a pitch — and unify your pitch team! — so that you have the best possible shot at winning.
3. How Can You Help Us Prepare for a Board Meeting / Annual Meeting / Investor Meeting?
Any stakeholder meeting or event should be planned with the desired outcome in mind. I can help you determine key goals, organize your agenda, and coach each speaker to deliver powerful and effective messages that will move your audience to action.
4. Are Your Workshops Really Customized?
They really are! While many of the same topics are addressed in most of my workshops (best practices, public speaking personalities, the Instant Speech, etc.),
- the way in which these topics are covered is adjusted for each group’s pace and style;
- your input, examples, and areas of concern are incorporated into the workshops’s content; and
- participants are invited to ask questions and identify the communications skills and challenges they want to work on.
It all adds up to a unique experience that’s tailored for the participants, but based on proven insights and best practices.
5. Do You Train People for TED-Style Talks?
Yes, I have trained presenters for TED, TEDx, and TEDMED talks, as well as TED-style business presentations.
One thing to keep in mind if you’re planning for TED-style presentations is that, the more “natural” you want speakers to seem, the more time they’ll need to prepare.
6. Do You Offer 30-Minute Sessions?
Yes; flexible scheduling and short sessions are essential when working with busy executives.
7. If You’re Coaching My Employee, Do You Keep Me Informed?
You’re a key player in your employee’s growth, and my preference is that the three of us work as a team, sharing insights and creating ongoing opportunities for your employee to grow.
8. What About Confidentiality?
I’m often called on to coach around sensitive topics, from new product development to corporate strategies. I am happy to sign your confidentiality agreement, and have great respect for your proprietary content