Your Top 10 Blog Posts… and Mine!
Thanks to Google Analytics (oh, brave new world!), I don’t just know that 34,000 people currently visit this site each month; I know what you’re looking at!
And for a long time, I’ve thought about posting a round-up of the ten most-read blog posts on Speak Up for Success. (Hint: The BIG winner is about writing thank you notes after job interviews. My mother would be so proud that I’m taking up the cause of good manners!)
But then it struck me: How about the 10 blog posts that I turn to most often, to share with my speaker coaching clients? Would that be of interest to readers of this blog?
I hope so, and I’d like to share both lists with you.
The Top 10 Blog Posts Chosen by Speak Up for Success Readers
Of course, this is a moving target; the most-read posts change over time. But it’s fascinating to see what topics are most on people’s minds at any given moment. Right now, they are:
- After a Great Job Interview, Write a Killer Thank You Note
- Giving a TED-Style Talk? Here’s How They’re Different from Business Presentations
- The Best Thank You Notes After Job Interviews are Sincere, Specific, Subtle, and SENT
- If You Want to Get Called Back, Leave a Clear Phone Message
- How to Learn from Michael Bay’s Public Speaking Panic Attack
- Your Accent Doesn’t Matter — Speaking Clearly Does
- For Public Speaking Power, Breathe OUT, Not In!
- Dress Professionally for Public Speaking or Job Interviews
- How to Speak Up More in Meetings, Even If You Say Inconsequential Things
- For Public Speaking Phobia, Get Help
The Top 10 Blog Posts that I Most Often Share with Speaker Coaching Clients
How much does my Top 10 Blog Posts list align with that one? Basically not at all, although a Top 20 list would have more overlap. But these two lists are a perfect complement to each other:
- There’s No Such Thing as a Big Audience
- Make Public Speaking a Game
- To Get POWER from Your PowerPoint…Transition, Click, and Pause
- You Will Make Mistakes
- Master the Instant Speech — It’s Easy!
- Uhm, Lose Those, Like, Filler Words, Y’Know?
- Build Your Public Speaking Confidence and Success in 15 Seconds, Twice a Day
- For a Confident and Successful Presentation, Stand, Settle, Smile, Speak
- Be Your Super Self: Call On Your Public Speaking Avatar
- You Know You Should Practice for Great Public Speaking, But How?
Put All of These Top 10 Blog Posts to Work for You
They’re filled with tips that you can put into action, along with ideas about how to adjust your attitude for even faster public speaking progress.
I hope they excite and inspire you!
And if you want to dig deeper, try my public speaking books, SPEAK LIKE YOURSELF…No, Really! and INTERVIEW LIKE YOURSELF…No, Really! — or contact me about one-on-one Skype or in-person coaching.