Public Speaking is More Important than Ever—and Harder
Since our COVID-19 crisis began, speaking for business has become an unprecedented challenge, for new and seasoned public speakers alike.
That’s why Jezra created Public Speaking in the Pandemic. Like all of her workshops, it’s a fast-paced, fully participatory experience that will help you navigate the “new normal” for business communication.
This course is limited to 12 people.
Each session delivers…
- Information about how to successfully approach everything from a meeting to a major presentation
- Exercisesto help you build your skills, confidence, and “tool kit”
- Practice with a supportive group of peers, and tips for practicing on your own
- Constructive feedback from Jezra and other workshop participants
- Materials and assignments to learn from between sessions
Who Is “The Best You” Online? * Jump Start Your Public Speaking
Communicating online can be awkward— especially if you were already self-conscious about speaking in public.
But even in the virtual world, you can “speak like yourself,” and in this session, you’ll learn how. We’ll explore…
- Your unique strengths, skills, and public speaking avatar
- Techniques for connecting with your listeners
- How to act “as if” you feel confident
Speaking Off the Cuff * Instant Speech & Answer the Question First
This fully interactive session is about speaking without preparation.
You’ll learn how to organize your thoughts and deliver them with confidence—even on the fly. We’ll work on…
- Active listening
- How to answer questions, and
- Making Instant Speeches — the all-purpose format for sounding professional
Go Bigger & Bolder * What’s the Story?
It’s just a fact that communicating online takes more energy.
In this session, you’ll learn to use that fact to your advantage, by experimenting with…
- Bringing more excitement to your speaking
- Taking reasonable risks to communicate more powerfully
- Crafting effective business stories that make your point
Test Drive Your Skills * Handle Whatever’s Going On * The Learning Continues
In the final session of Public Speaking in the Pandemic, you’ll present to the group—in whatever format, and with whatever content is best for you. We’ll also we’ll talk about staying calm in any situation, and how you can…
- Practice like a pro
- Keep on learning
- Get support, information, and encouragement
BONUS: When you register, you’ll receive a FREE copy of my book on public speaking—the perfect companion to
Public Speaking in the Pandemic
4 Week Workshop: Public Speaking in the Pandemic
All the learning, feedback, practice, group support, and materials.
4 Week Workshop: Public Speaking in the Pandemic PLUS a 1-Hour Private Session with Jezra
Fine-tune your skills, and work on the challenges that matter most to you.
What happens if I miss a session?
We’ll be recording each session, so you won’t have to miss any of the learning if you can’t show up “in person” every week.
What if I don’t have a speech coming up soon?
This workshop will help you build your skills, confidence, and attitude, so that—whenever you make your next presentation—you’ll know how to prepare, practice, and put your best face forward. You’ll also be able to use the skills you learn right away, for meetings, delivering reports, and much, much more.
With money so tight, are you offering any scholarships?
Please contact me to discuss your situation. Financial aid is offered on a case-by-case basis.
What if I need help with something that isn’t part of the curriculum?
If you’re registered for the course, you qualify for a discounted 1-on-1 coaching session with me.
If I don’t want to take a group course, can I work directly with you?
Yes. Please contact me to schedule a private session.
Are these sessions mostly lectures?
No! I have a lot to share, but so do you and the other participants. In these sessions, you’ll learn by doing, not just by listening to what I bring.